Saturday, February 01, 2014

Born to Stand Out, Eh? Or To Fit In?

Haven't we all heard this dialogue, "Why try to fit in when you are born to stand out". My Facebook wall seems to be plastered with that. That dialogue is like everywhere.

Hate it, can't stand it, think its a load of crap.

It is very easy to say to a person, "It doesn't matter if you don't fit in at all" or ""Its okay to be different" or a bunch of other stuff like that

However, people who speak like this have never had issues fitting it at all. When you are different from everyone else and feel rejected by the world, you are not going to be like, "Hey, at least I am standing out over here". Nope, no chance in hell. Instead you will be thinking, "I just want to fit in, I just want to be like everyone else and be a part of everyone else"

I have never fit in. I have always been the reject. The person rejected from society for being too different. I had my own personality. I had my own interests. I had my own hobbies. I had my own past times. I had my own ideas. I was fighting my own unique battles which I am pretty sure none of my classmates were. It was tough to be different. I could've given just anything in order to be like everyone else. I would still think the same. I still feel rejected by the world. Well in return, I rejected the world, so I guess both me and the world are even, LOL. While my classmates and all just would hang out and have fun, I'd be sitting in front of my computer reading articles and so badly wanting to discuss what I've read with someone. Not that I had anyone to hang out with and have fun with, but still. This is just an example.

Not fitting in is very difficult. Its tough. It takes its toll on a person. You can't say you are born to stand out. Because being different can be a curse. A death sentence.

No comments:

Post a Comment